Thursday, December 22, 2005

DADDY YANKEE HAS PLANS TO LAUNCH REEBOK SNEAKER

He may be a relative newbie on the scene, but Daddy Yankee's name is already being mentioned in the same sentence as superstars like Jay-Z, 50 Cent and Nelly.

That is, when the sentence pertains to hip hop artists who have signed with Reebok to launch their own sneaker line. The reggaeton artist who was recently honored with two Billboard Awards, will have a signature collection with Reebok called DY, that includes sneakers, apparel and accessories. DY is set to launch in the spring of 2006 and will be available in athletic specialty stores.

In conjunction with the deal, Yankee will also be featured in Reebok's "I Am What I Am" advertising campaign, which has already blanketed cities with ads featuring Jay, 50, Allen Iverson and others.

"Reebok is the perfect brand for me to partner with because they believe in what I believe in ? being real and not being afraid to do something that sets you apart from the crowd,? said Yankee in a statement. His collection of sport-inspired designs will reflect Yankee's energy.

?I?m truly honored to be able to share my uniqueness and creativity with the rest of the world through my deal with Reebok,? he said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home